JOIN THE TEAM THAT IS REVOLUTIONIZING BIOELECTRONIC MEDICINE
SetPoint Medical is a clinical stage medical device company developing the first implantable bioelectronic device for the treatment of chronic autoimmune diseases. We’re a small, close group with incredible passion for developing the next major frontier in medicine.
We offer a fun, fast-paced, modern work environment with excellent benefits. SetPoint Medical is located in Santa Clarita Valley, just north of Los Angeles in the beautiful Southern California Innovation Park – a hub for biomedical technology.
SEE CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES AT
Accounting, AP Clerk
Accounts Payable and Accounting Clerk, Full Time Position Description SetPoint Medical is seeking an energetic, highly motivated and experienc ...
SetPoint Medical is seeking an energetic, highly motivated and experienced accounts payable and accounting clerk to join our team. In addition to the responsibilities for compiling, processing, and maintaining accounts payable records, this person will maintain SetPoint’s agreement files, maintain fixed asset files, and may assist team members with administrative duties. The selected candidate will work under the guidance of the Sr. Accountant.Location: Company Headquarters in Valencia, CA
Accounts Payable and Accounting Clerk, Full Time
SetPoint Medical is seeking an energetic, highly motivated and experienced accounts payable and accounting clerk to join our team. In addition to the responsibilities for compiling, processing, and maintaining accounts payable records, this person will maintain SetPoint’s agreement files, maintain fixed asset files, and may assist team members with administrative duties. The selected candidate will work under the guidance of the Sr. Accountant.
- Verify approval of all bills and check requests against SPM Purchasing Policy.
- Retrieve bills from mail or email, print and stamp them, enter them in Quickbooks, obtain the proper approvals, and pay the bills when due.
- Maintain active agreements list, archive expired agreements. Contact managers regarding agreements due to expire, and create new agreements from templates.Obtain proper signatures and maintain hard copies of new agreements in files.
- “Reconcile” bills with purchase orders in company’s inventory management software and insure they are transmitted to accounting software correctly.
- Process weekly check runs by posting bills in accounting software and print checks for payment as needed.
- Forward bills for wire transfers and ACH payments to Sr. Accountant as needed.
- Enter Flexible Spending Account charges in accounting software.
- Maintain records and filing systems of accounts payable, vendor files, and financial records.
- Address and resolve invoice issuers by acting as a liaison between SetPoint and its vendors.
- Review all vendor statements to ensure all payments are current.
- Review account coding to ensure accuracy in payments and records.
- Complete new vendor credit applications, request W-9 and add new vendors to QuickBooks.
- Complete and submit EDD Form DE-542 Report of Independent Contractors.
- Accrue use tax when necessary, and send vendors partial R&D tax exemption certificates for lower sales tax rate on equipment purchased.
- Check consultant and vendor agreements for accurate rates on bills.
- Accumulate credit card receipts and match to credit card statements, resolving any questions or inaccuracies with management and vendor.Pursue missing receipts.
- Maintain fixed assets database.
- Assist with internal and 3rd party audits.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- 3-5 years of experience in accounts payable
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Outlook, QuickBooks, Excel and MS Word
- Practical problem-solving skills with the ability to work both independently and on a team
- Actively seeks opportunities to increase skills and expertise
- The highest of ethical standards
Company Headquarters in Valencia, CA
SetPoint Medical is an early stage medical device company developing the first implantable bioelectronic device for the treatment of chronic inflammatory diseases.
Human Resources Manager
As a member of the SetPoint Medical Administrative department, the Human Resources Manager is a multi-faceted management position that plans, develops ...
As a member of the SetPoint Medical Administrative department, the Human Resources Manager is a multi-faceted management position that plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the company’s recruiting and human resources functions and performance in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. The HR Manager will work collaboratively with the Sr. Management Team on strategic and tactical management planning and development of SetPoint’s goals and objectives. The selected candidate will work under the direction of the Operations Manager.
- Manages the day-to-day HR functions and advises employees in understanding and implementing related functions including compensation, benefits, retention, training, performance management, employee relations and organizational development.
- Formulates, recommends, and aligns best practice Recruiting and HR initiatives with the company’s strategic business goals. Provides strategic direction and consultative recruiting and human resource services to all levels of the organization.
- Determines priorities within the scope of the Recruiting and HR functions to further the company in becoming an employer of choice.
- Originates and trains to company policies including the creation and promotion of the employee handbook.
- Provides guidance and training to managers and employees on employee relations issues. In collaboration with outside counsel, investigates formal employee complaints and recommends the company’s response. Ensures that legal and ethical requirements are met in respect to hiring, terminations, non-competition, non-solicitation, and other high-risk areas to minimize exposure to liability.
- Recommends and manages employee benefit programs for organization. Interfaces with insurance carriers/brokers as necessary to evaluate benefit plan options, resolve claims, eligibility or billing issues. Assists employees and dependents with benefit related questions. Audit benefit invoices and payment requests for all various medical, dental, life/disability, 401k, and EAP policies.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws in all hiring and employee relations practices, including the benefit related laws of FMLA, HIPAA, EEO, and COBRA.
- Manages the annual performance, compensation, equity, and employee award programs for the company including competitive analysis, design, and on-going administration.
- Originates and conducts new hire orientation program for all employees and ensures all necessary documents are signed and filed appropriately.
- Networks with others in the HR and Recruiting fields and keeps abreast of best-in-class business practices.
- BA, BS or equivalent required. Business, human resources, or science field optimal.
- Professional certification preferred such as SPHR, PHR, or SHRM.
- Evidence of ongoing education in field also required.
- Highly-skilled in MS Outlook, Word, and Excel and the ability to learn additional programs as needed.
- Database skills optimal, i.e., MySql, Access, etc.
- 7+ years progressively responsible experience with a mix of HR and hands-on recruiting roles.
- 3+ years operating in a supervisory or management capacity.
- Early stage, high-tech or medical device company experience preferred.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity beyond reproach. Is recognized for establishing and maintaining relationships based upon mutual respect and inspiring confidence and trust in everyone with whom there is interaction.
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and solve complex problems with minimal supervisory input.
- Takes a strategic approach to the position, with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to work effectively with and relate to all levels within the organization.
- Self-motivating and passionate for innovation and quality.
- Team skills that demonstrate inclusiveness, decisiveness, good facilitation, a process improvement orientation, approachability and a willingness to give feedback and develop subordinates.
- Outstanding administrative and organizational skills.
Company Headquarters in Valencia, CA
SetPoint Medical is a privately-held medical technology company pioneering bioelectronic medicine therapies as a safe, cost-effective alternative to drugs and biologics for patients with debilitating autoimmune diseases such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Crohn’s Disease and Multiple Sclerosis.