Senior Field Clinical Engineer
SetPoint Medical is seeking an experienced, high caliber Senior Field Clinical Engineer (Sr. FCE) to help us with an exciting device study. The Sr. FCE will be responsible for supporting the SetPoint system in a clinical setting, by providing clinical consultation, teaching and support on the use of the system and its appropriate application. This includes, but is not limited to, support at surgical procedures, device technical support, data collection, therapy programming, and patient follow-up support. The Sr. FCE will train clinical staff on clinical protocols and study devices, and will serve as a technical resource for communications between the company and the physicians. The selected candidate will work under the direction of our Chief Medical Officer.
- Represent SetPoint Medical at new and pre-established and approved sites where staff and physicians need to be trained on SetPoint system. Attend surgical cases and clinical follow-up visits in order to instruct physicians, staff, and patients on proper system use.
- Assist in the training and education of new surgeons and site personnel at new and pre- established sites.
- Provide feedback gained from the site, cases, physicians, patients and staff to assist in developing future training materials and presentations for new surgeons and site personnel.
- Provide technical and clinical support by acting as a resource to ensure optimal system programming, performance, and outcomes.
- Respond to customer needs, technical issues, and complaints regarding products and driving them to resolution (seeking support and guidance on alternatives as needed).
- Serve as a liaison between Research & Development (R&D) and Quality Team and the customers, providing feedback on product performance and possible improvements or new product ideas.
- Gather technical data to support troubleshooting efforts and device improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 7 years’ experience or Master’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field in a technical or medical role or a Master’s degree in Engineering or an equivalent scientific discipline
- Experience developing and maintaining strong relationships with investigators, surgeons, patients, and site staff
- Understanding of engineering principles, human physiology, physician and hospital practices, and operating room etiquette
- Strong clinical study and technical aptitude with strong understanding of Good Clinical Practice
- Motivated self-starter, ability to work independently, self-disciplined
- Excellent verbal and written communication and training skills
- Ability to think quickly on your feet and respond to needs as they arise
- Ability to travel within US and internationally (up to 90%)
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a diverse cross-functional teamenvironment
- Experience with active implantable medical devices and/or clinical studies is preferred
- Extensive experience with active implantable devices.
- Experience working cross-functionally, especially with reliability engineers, quality engineers,and failure analysts, and demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced R&D environment.
Company Headquarters in Valencia, CA
SetPoint Medical is an early stage medical device company developing the first implantable bioelectronic device for the treatment of chronic inflammatory diseases.
Please address all inquiries to email@example.com.